Directed by Gil Junger
written by Karen Lutz and Kristen Smith
10 reasons to watch this movie
– This is not your regular teen movie. It’s an intelligent piece of film making loosely adapted from a Shakespearian play.
– Watch it for Heath Ledger. He is without doubt one of the most versatile actors of this generation.
– The parallel run of two stories at the same time, even though not a very original screenplay idea, keeps you engaged every minute.
– The cinematographer had used some kind of a filter to create a very pleasing visual.
– The soundtrack’s got some of the catchiest songs.
– There is a black teacher who kind of raps Shakespeare poems and keeps chucking out students for no apparent reason.
– The second protagonist of the film – Joseph Gordon playing Cameron and the female lead Julia Stiles playing Kat (this is the girl from ‘Bourne Identity’).
– The scene where Heath pays the band and sings a song for Kat on the bleachers of the football ground. (A small note for all Telugus, this scene is blatantly Ctrl C’ed and Ctrl V’ed into the Tarun- Shreya starrer ‘Nuvve Nuvve’).
– The rumors spread about Heath’s character in the movie. One such rumor is that he ate a live duck, everything but the beak and the feet.
– And finally you have to watch it coz the movie’s got a mention on ‘DasKino’, just kidding, actually no. We are pretty serious about that statement.